Tuesday, February 22, 2011

updates and some shows.





Well, I want to start off with my adventure in Ft Lauderdale. Amidst all the botox, boutique shops, rich bitches and over priced restaurants, I found some of Ft. Lauderdale's finest treasures.
I'd always wanted to go to Radio-Active Records .. for the most obvious (not to mention lame) reasons.. uhmm I work for a station called Radiate FM and they're Radio-Active.. I felt a sort of kinship with that store off the bat. But also, I'm always up for checking out a new music store, esp if it's right in my back yard. I must say, the store is more than I'd expected! They have a
great selection of both Records and Cd's , the atmosphere is great and they even have a little section for local music- which brings me to the purchases I'd made over there. The picture that you see in the left hand corner is the CD of Tumbleweave- they're a cartoon demon electron experimental rock band.. and their music id soo rad. I bought it pretty much because of the CD art (which is a limited-time edition) so it was a nice surprise to find out that they're good. The second CD that I bought was Jose El Rey's album. I'd been wanting it for a while. The music is mostly bass.. or Miami bass or whatever you'd like to call it. But either way, I couldn't pass up owning music by him. His lyrics are ridiculous and I love how he puts on an extra-strong Hispanic accent.. don't go swimming after you eat, or you will get the belly stress (from safety first)... that still cracks me up. Too bad he's on hiatus! Anyways, for coffee I went to
Brew in Ft Lauderdale. I love the
atmosphere and the coffee, not to mention. It's not as busy or corporate as Starbucks and I love that. The prices are reasonable and the employees are down to earth (don't mean to rag on SBUX employees though!). So if you are in the area and would like some brew, go to Brew!

Updates:
this week, Fight Like Animals is coming. They're going to play a live set and Steve (of the band) will help us with our music selections.. (co-dj if you will?) So stay tuned for that this Wednesday.

Upcoming Shows:
(I'll link you to the event page, so please be signed in on FB. All the info will be there)


Saturday, February 26 at 9:00pm - February 27 at 3:30am

Wednesday, March 2 at 9:00pm - March 3 at 2:00am


I'll keep you in the know if anything else is going on.



By the way!! Don't forget to take April 16th, Record Store Day, off at your job!!

Sweat Records is having their Annual SweatStock Block Party!!! 10am to 2am!! I'll be there from morning to night. Stop by enjoy some bands and don't be too shy to say hey!

Love your friend,
- Wazoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Taste of Local Music